okay guys, so this is pretty much what we discussed in class. We still need an idea for one more page, and I'll propose a couple here, but yeah just comment your thoughts if you want to change this/ who is going to take what page.
1- Sinclair's Writing/ Research Process KATRINA
2. Victim-Hero: Anker/Williams CODY
3. Justification of Violence: Manifesto et al CARLOS
4. Black and White, polarization: Uncle Tom/ Williams
5. Reaction to Modernity: Singer, Williams SHEENA
6. Secularization and Religious void: Singer, Williams, Marx SAM
7. Political Change caused by The Jungle VIRGINIA
8. Cultural Change caused by The Jungle AJAY
--Other Stuff--Sinclair's writing--
12. Sinclair's other texts AARON
13. The significance of the "edition" e.g. uncensored, extended, and what not HELEN
14. We have nothing for this right now but I suggest one of Izzy's ideas that we discuss how it's narrative/ novel format impacted its reception (slyly was muckraking) or we could look at Sinclair's critics, or we could compare his melodrama with other sensationalist journalism of the time.
People who still need to be assigned to a page: Chelsea, Nick